Ms. Melissa Schyven
Partner, Stikeman Elliott LLP
Melissa Schyven is a partner in the Real Estate Group. She is also a member of the Banking & Finance and Energy - Power Groups, and serves on the Associates’ Committee in the Toronto office. Melissa is former Chair of the Education Committee in the Toronto office.
Melissa’s practice focuses on commercial real estate, including acquisitions, dispositions, commercial leasing and related matters, as well as a variety of banking transactions with a particular emphasis on project finance and acquisition finance. She has had frequent involvement in transactions involving large real property portfolios, the hospitality sector, REITs, and the retail sector. In addition, Melissa acts for developers and lenders with respect to power generation matters including renewable energy.
- Chambers Canada 2019 as a leading lawyer in Real Estate, Real Estate - Ontario and Hospitality.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2019 as a leading lawyer in Property Development.
- The Legal 500 Canada 2019 as a recommended lawyer in Real Estate.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2020 in Real Estate.
- Lexpert/ROB Special Edition: Canada's Leading Energy Lawyers, September 2018.
- Lexpert/ROB Special Edition: Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers, September 2018.
Melissa is a member of the Law Society of Ontario and the Ontario Bar Association. She is also a member of the Toronto chapter of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW).
Osgoode Hall Law School (LL.B. 2002)
Queen’s University (Honours B.A. 1997)