Mr. Eric Carmona
Partner, Stikeman Elliott LLP
Eric Carmona is a partner in the Real Estate Group. His practice focuses on commercial real estate and encompasses all aspects of real property transactions, including the purchase, sale and financing of commercial office complexes, retail shopping centres, residential apartment buildings, hotels, retirement homes and long-term residences, as well as secured lending. Who’s Who Legal Canada cites Eric as “the leading real estate attorney in the country”, and that he is “highly regarded for his expert handling of the whole transactional process from financing to purchase”. Eric has extensive experience in joint venture structuring, portfolio acquisitions, financings and restructurings (acting on behalf of both lending syndicates and corporate borrowers). He also practices corporate commercial law, with an emphasis on the acquisition and/or privatization of public real estate enterprises and capital markets transactions. Eric’s experience has given him significant exposure to a wide variety of transactional work for both private and public companies and REITs.
- Chambers Canada 2019 as a leading lawyer in Real Estate and Real Estate - Ontario.
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2019 as a leading lawyer in Property Development and Property Leasing.
- The Legal 500 Canada 2019 as a leading lawyer in Real Estate.
- The 2019 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada in Property Development.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2019 in Real Estate.
- 2019 Expert Guides: Real Estate.
- Lexpert/ROB Special Edition: Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers, September 2018.
Osgoode Hall Law School (LL.B. 1988) York University (M.B.A. 1988) York University (B.A. Economics 1984)